Redmi Note 12 5G Review: A Value-for-Money7.8/10 (Expert Score)
Redmi Note 12 5G Review in Short
- Slim and lightweight design with a plastic back.
- 120Hz 6.67-inch AMOLED display.
- Enjoyable multimedia experience with thin bezels.
- Widevine L1 support with 1200nits brightness.
- Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 5G processor for solid performance.
- Available in 4GB/128GB and 6GB/128GB variants.
- Camera with 48MP primary sensor for decent photo quality.
- Best photo at low-light performance.
- 13MP front selfie camera takes pleasing selfies.
- 5000mAh battery with 33W charging.
- IP53 certified for dust and water resistance.
Redmi Note 12 5G Review
The Redmi Note 12 5G is a refreshing return to value-for-money smartphones from Xiaomi. It offers 5G support, an impressive display, and a capable processor at a reasonable price. This review will provide an in-depth look at the device, focusing on its design, display, performance, and camera.
Unboxing and Design of Redmi Note 12 5G
Inside the box, you’ll find the Redmi Note 12 5G, a SIM card tool, documentation, and a case. The quality of the case has improved over the years, providing better protection for the phone. The device itself is slim and lightweight, weighing around 187.8 grams. The back is made of plastic, and it features the traditional ports and buttons placement, including a 3.5mm headphone jack on the top and a hybrid SIM card tray on the left side.
Display and Multimedia Experience
The Redmi Note 12 5G boasts a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 1200nits brightness. This screen provides an excellent viewing experience, even in bright sunlight. The bezels are relatively thin, and the phone features a center punch-hole camera. While the audio is mono, the overall multimedia experience is enjoyable, thanks to the large and vibrant display. Additionally, there’s a 3.5mm jack on the top and Widevine L1 support for streaming HD content.
Performance and Connectivity
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 5G processor, the Redmi Note 12 5G delivers solid performance, with an AnTuTu score of around 3.8-3.9 Lakh. It’s available in two variants: 4GB RAM/128GB storage and 6GB RAM/128GB storage. The device runs on MIUI 13 based on Android 12, and it offers decent gaming performance with medium-high settings. The phone also supports 5G connectivity with seven bands, ensuring compatibility with major carriers.
Camera and Imaging
The Redmi Note 12 5G features a triple camera setup, including a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor, and a 2MP macro sensor. The primary sensor captures decent photos in normal conditions, while low-light performance is above average. The ultrawide sensor produces somewhat soft images, but the 13MP front selfie camera takes pleasing selfies. Video recording is limited to 1080p at 30fps, and various shooting modes are available, such as slow-motion, portrait, and pro mode.
Battery Life and Additional Features
With a 5000mAh battery and 33W charging, the Redmi Note 12 5G offers up to 1.5-2 days of battery life on normal usage. It also has LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.2 storage type, ensuring smooth performance. Other features include IP53 certification for dust and water resistance, side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and face unlock.
- Great value-for-money proposition
- Slim and lightweight design
- Improved quality of the included case
- 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 1200nits brightness
- Widevine L1 support for streaming HD content
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 5G processor provides excellent performance
- 5G support and compatibility with seven bands
- 5000mAh battery with up to 1.5-2 days of battery life
- IP53 certification for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Plastic back may not appeal to everyone
- Mono audio speaker
- Ultra wide sensor produces slightly soft images
- Video recording limited to 1080p at 30fps
- Hybrid SIM card tray may not be ideal for users who need both dual SIM functionality and expandable storage.
|Price history for Redmi Note 12 5G Matte Black 6GB RAM 128GB ROM | 1st Phone with 120Hz Super AMOLED and Snapdragon® 4 Gen 1 | 48MP AI Triple Camera
Specification: Redmi Note 12 5G Review: A Value-for-Money