Moto Edge 30 5G Review | World’s Slimmest 5G Phone9.4/10 (Expert Score)
Moto Edge 30 5G Review in Short
- World’s slimmest 5G phone and comfortable design.
- Decent battery life with 4020mAh battery.
- Top-notch audio quality and Dolby Atmos support.
- Minor concern of plastic back.
- Stunning POLED display with minimal bezels.
- Near-stock Android UI with added features.
- Camera quality may be better in other options.
Moto Edge 30 5G Review
Motorola has recently launched the Moto Edge 30 5G the world’s slimmest 5G phone which has garnered significant attention from people all over the world. In this review article we will share our detailed review of this phone and also to answer the most common questions and examining its features including battery life, in-hand feel, stereo speakers, plastic back panel vibration, network connectivity, camera quality, and gaming performance.
In-Hand Feel: Lightweight and Comfortable
The Moto Edge 30 5G is remarkably slim and lightweight providing a fantastic in-hand feel and ranking as one of the most comfortable phones in its price range. The phone’s slim design gives it an almost floating-in-air sensation adding to its appeal. However, the frosted back may attract smudges, which could be a drawback.
Display: Vibrant Colors and Impressive Clarity
Featuring a stunning POLED display with vibrant colors and excellent clarity, the Moto Edge 30 5G provides a full-view experience with minimal chin and bezels. The 144 Hz refresh rate works smoothly, without any frame drops or jittering issues.
Plastic Back Panel Vibration: A Minor Concern
During our testing, we found that the Moto Edge 30’s plastic back panel vibrates when played at full volume. Although it may seem like an issue the vibrations are not severe enough to cause significant problems. Users can still easily watch content using the phone’s speakers.
UI: Near-Stock Android Experience of Moto Edge 30 5G
The Moto Edge 30 5G offers a fantastic UI experience, closely resembling stock Android. The UX adds extra features like gestures for added convenience. Furthermore, the lack of bloatware and push notifications enhances user experience.
Stereo Speakers: Top-Notch Audio Quality
Equipped with some of the best stereo speakers on the market, the Moto Edge 30 delivers loud and clear audio. Dolby Atmos support further enhances the audio quality for an immersive experience. The only downside is the absence of a 3.5mm jack, a common issue in this price range.
Battery Life: Decent Performance Despite Slim Design
A primary concern with the Moto Edge 30 5G is its battery life given its small 4020mAh battery due to the slim design. Surprisingly, In our testing revealed decent battery backup for both normal and heavy usage lasting around 1 day and 6 hours of screen-on-time respectively. The phone’s battery optimization is impressive, delivering satisfactory performance despite its size.
UMCP Storage: Seamless App Experience
The Moto Edge 30’s UMCP storage ensures smooth app opening and closing, matching the 144 Hz refresh rate for effortless multitasking. Additionally, the in-display fingerprint sensor works well, although its slightly lower position may require some adjustment.
Network Connectivity: Reliable Indoor and Outdoor Experience
The Moto Edge 30 5G provides excellent network connectivity with strong 4G+ indoor and outdoor reception. Call quality is outstanding, and the earpiece speaker delivers clear sound. However, the microphone’s noise cancellation is somewhat weak allowing background noise to be heard during calls.
The Moto Edge 30 5G Review Pin Points
- Speaker performance: Moto Edge 30 has stereo speakers with Snapdragon Sound, delivering loud, clear audio.
- NFC support: Yes, the Moto Edge 30 has NFC.
- Heating issues: Although some heating issues were observed, there was no significant impact on the Moto Edge 30’s performance.
- Battery life: The Moto Edge 30’s battery lasts at least a day for most users, and up to a day and a half for some. The phone also supports 33W fast wired charging.
- Cooling system: The Moto Edge 30 is equipped with an upgraded cooling system and runs on the 8+ Gen 1 chip.
- Worth buying: With smooth performance, a great camera, and a clean Android experience, the Moto Edge 30 is a solid choice for those seeking a reasonably priced phone.
- Special features: The Motorola Edge 30 offers lightning-fast 5G connectivity with 13 5G bands for seamless streaming, video chatting, and browsing at high speeds.
- 4K support: The Moto Edge 30 supports video recording at up to 4K resolution (at 30 FPS).
Also, the Moto Edge 30 is a noteworthy phone with many attractive features, making it a viable option for a variety of users. Although it has some areas that could be improved, its slim design, impressive display, and clean Android experience make it a strong contender in its price range.
- Slim and lightweight design: The Moto Edge 30 is the world's slimmest 5G phone, making it easy to hold and carry.
- Decent battery life: Despite its slim design, the phone provides satisfactory battery backup for both normal and heavy users.
- Impressive stereo speakers: Equipped with Snapdragon Sound and Dolby Atmos support, the audio quality is top-notch.
- Vibrant and clear display: The POLED display with a 144 Hz refresh rate ensures an enjoyable visual experience.
- Smooth performance: The UMCP storage and 8+ Gen 1 chip provide a seamless app and multitasking experience.
- Near-stock Android experience: The clean UI with MY UX features and minimal bloatware enhances user satisfaction.
- Fast 5G connectivity: With support for 13 5G bands, the Moto Edge 30 delivers high-speed streaming, video chatting, and browsing.
- Smudge-prone frosted back: The frosted back of the phone may attract smudges, requiring frequent cleaning.
- Absence of a 3.5mm jack: The lack of a headphone jack may be inconvenient for some users.
- Background noise may be heard during calls due to subpar noise cancellation.
- Camera quality: While the camera is good, other options in the same price range may offer better camera performance.
- The in-display fingerprint sensor's position may require some getting used to.
Moto Edge 30 5G Review | World’s Slimmest 5G Phone Prices
Specification: Moto Edge 30 5G Review | World’s Slimmest 5G Phone