The POCO M4 Pro 5G: The Detailed Review9.5/10 (Expert Score)
POCO M4 Pro 5G Review in Short
- Mediatek Dimensity 810 5G chipset for best performance.
- Solid build quality with Gorilla Glass 3 display.
- 90Hz 6.6-inch 1080p IPS LCD display for smooth animations.
- Powerful battery optimization with 5000mAh.
- 50MP main camera and 8MP ultra-wide camera.
- Upgraded 16MP selfie camera for improved selfie experience.
- Good picture quality with impressive HDR capabilities.
- No macro camera, but still capable of capturing close-up shots.
The POCO M4 Pro 5G Review:
The POCO M4 Pro 5G is one of the most affordable 5G devices in the market, retailing for just under ₹15,000. Powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 810 5G chipset, it is an improvement over its predecessor, the M3 Pro. But what else can we expect from this device? Now, we will take an in-depth look at the POCO M4 Pro 5G, its pros and cons, and everything in between.
Design and Build Quality
At first glance, the POCO M4 Pro 5G doesn’t look very different from its predecessor, the M3 Pro. It has a textured finish on the rear, which feels nice on the hands and is smudge-resistant. The device has plastic on the rear and Gorilla Glass 3 on its display, making it a solidly built phone. It comes in three colors: POCO Yellow, Power Black, and Cool Blue.
On the device, all the ports and buttons are in the expected positions, and the fingerprint scanner is on the power button, which is as responsive as you would expect of a physically mounted fingerprint scanner. It also has an IR blaster in its regular position at the top frame of the device.
The POCO M4 Pro 5G has a 1080p IPS LCD display, which looks pretty good for media consumption. It is a 6.6 inches display with a 20 by 9 aspect ratio and a pixel density of 399 pixels per inch. It gets bright enough with up to 450 nits of peak brightness. The device has a 90Hz screen refresh rate, which makes for smooth animations and scrolling experience.
Performance and Battery
The POCO M4 Pro 5G is powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 810 chipset, which supports 5G and is an improvement over the Dimensity 700 chipset from the M3 Pro. It has impressive benchmark scores and provides solid all-round performance with good battery optimization. The device has a 5000mAh battery capacity and can charge full in 75 minutes, which is still pretty impressive for a 5000mAh battery.
The POCO M4 Pro 5G runs Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 right out of the box, and in our experience, it is stable and works just fine with no bugs so far. MIUI, however, is bloatware-filled, and you’ll experience some subtly placed ads.
Most of the bloatware apps can be uninstalled, though you would have to go through the annoying extra step of going to the settings as there is no one-click uninstall button directly from the POCO launcher.
Camera performance for The POCO M4 Pro 5G
The POCO M4 Pro 5G has seen some major improvements in the camera department. It has a dual rear camera system, which comprises a 50-megapixel main camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera. Its selfie camera is now 16 megapixels, which is also an upgrade over the 8-megapixel camera we had on the M3 Pro. The pictures from the M4 Pro are actually good and better than we imagined.
It does not have a macro camera, but you are still able to get good pictures like this close-up shot from the main camera. HDR is also really good; however, it appears to lack a bit in saturation sometimes, but overall, you should be pretty satisfied with the pictures you get from the rear camera of the M4 Pro.
Conclusion The POCO M4 Pro 5G Review
The POCO M4 Pro 5G is an affordable 5G device that matches up to expectations on performance as well as price. It is quite affordable and comes with significant improvements over its predecessor, the M3 Pro. The device has a solid build quality, good display with a 90Hz refresh rate, and impressive performance and battery life. The camera has also seen significant improvements, making it a great option for those who want an affordable 5G device with good camera capabilities.
However, it still has some drawbacks, such as bloatware-filled software, night mode not being up to par, and the selfie camera being a little rough around the edges of the subject for portrait selfies. Overall, we can easily recommend the POCO M4 Pro 5G as a great budget 5G device.
- Affordable 5G device
- Solid build quality
- Good display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Impressive performance and battery life
- Significant improvements in the camera department
- Good overall software experience
- Auto call recording support
- Supports the use of extra memory cards
- NFC support for easy mobile payments
- Face lock available for easy and secure device unlocking
- MIUI is still bloatware-filled and comes with subtly placed ads
- Night mode is not up to the mark
- Selfie camera for portrait selfies is a little rough around the edges of the subject
- No Dolby Atmos support for high-quality audio experience
- Not waterproof, so users need to take extra precautions to protect the device
- Does not support 4K video recording, limiting its capabilities for high-quality video capture
The POCO M4 Pro 5G: The Detailed Review Prices
Specification: The POCO M4 Pro 5G: The Detailed Review